Saturday, January 1, 2011

BlackBerry Journey (6) // "Gentleman"

This has been sitting in my blackberry for a while and I couldn't seem to finish it till recently.

"A quality that I have been growing in is gentleness which is awesome because it is God developing me more and more into the biblical image of what it means to be a man. The big thing that has arisen from this quality of gentleness is my ever maturing perception of women. No longer (finally) do I see them as guys with longer hair and differently proportioned bodies, rather I understand that they are daughters of the most high God and that he has blessed me with the privilege of having them as my sisters.


But I've also been realizing that it is a privilege that many of us men fail to understand or accept leading us on the dangerous path of inevitable sin where we seek to glorify ourselves through a relationship with a woman. We play games with their hearts because we long for their attention. We base their worth on their physical appeal. We treat them as tools for our pleasure. And I am sorry for that. But as we grow closer to Christ and learn more of his character and how he interacts with people, especially women, we find ourselves diverging from what society deems as manly to what the bible depicts.
We are slowly transformed as we leave behind our innate childish desires for validation and cowardice and instead learn to value leadership and expressing a heart of service.

As I write all this good stuff, though, I know that I will still make a lot of mistakes and fail. And to be honest I'm scared for that, but through it all I am still excited to for the opportunity to grow in understanding of God's grace and love for us since from that stems everything that is good."


"But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith." 1st Timothy 6:11-12


every breath is a second chance

2 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

LIKE BUTTON.

January 2, 2011 at 10:41 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

:)
God is so freaking good.


one of my favorite songs too

January 4, 2011 at 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home