Wednesday, November 10, 2010

BlackBerry Journey (4) // "Pacemaker"

"I just finished my Physiological Sciences midterm. I doubt I did too well, but I am grateful because I was really encouraged studying for it. I learned that the heart is definitely my favorite organ (I was surprised I had a favorite) because of its pacemaker cells. These cells are the things that keep your ventricles pumping and supplying your body with essential oxygenated blood 24/7. What I thought was crazy about them is that they are not innervated by any of the central nervous system, meaning that even if you get a massive spinal cord injury or anything that damages your nervous system, your heart keeps beating. The most vital organ of the human body that supplies every part of you with the most important source of nutrition stays alive even when you are supposed to die.

While I was studying this, I was reminded of how we are completely dead to sin. Our flesh and everything about us is utterly useless, broken, and lifeless, but our souls still flourish and thrive because they, unlike our bodies, do not depend on this world or the physics of it. Our souls remain created, purchased, and sustained by the one and only God of all. Though we were dead with our transgressions, now we live freely because of Christ's sacrifice for our redemption.

God is the creator and sustainer of everything.


aside: I highly doubt I am going to get an A in physci107, but I think it's an unbelievable blessing to see the glory of God in the course material"




aside2: I am so thankful for my brothers and sisters

2 Comments:

Blogger Hyunjean said...

this was so great. yay bio!! :)

November 10, 2010 at 7:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

booo bio. yay mech engineering!

November 10, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home