Saturday, September 25, 2010

BlackBerry Journey (3) // "In The Less of Me..."

"One of the biggest problems I have learned about myself is that I hate being misunderstood in my thoughts and actions. Maybe it is the insecurity arising within me, but I want people to not judge me without getting to know me first. I found this characteristic especially prominent when I meet people for the first time and try to implement important details about myself within our conversation that make me interesting or that I am proud of.

Through this, I have learned the greater truth in which my intention of trying to point people to myself is an evidence of pride in my heart. I too often misplace my focus and lose sight of what it means to be a follower of Christ as I let my pride distort my true objective which is to point people to God and God alone. Too many times do I seek my own glory and own recognition and forget to whom it all belongs to.


With this said, I am thankful that God has shown me grace and given me the heart to strive for holiness so that the more someone might get to know me, the more they mig
ht be able see the attitudes and mindsets that Jesus embodies in my own life. I am so glad that God is teaching me of and guiding me through this dangerous trap that I too often fall into before I begin leading small groups for kcm. I am once again reminded that my role as not only a small group leader but a Christian is the direct people not to myself, but to God.

God's timing is always so graceful



DEC 2nd

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yeah i know, its extremely difficult to be humble when you really got something to be proud of. it really gets in the way.

i know this because the captain position might be offered to me again.

September 26, 2010 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Chae Bombz said...

i really like this once man. imma have to read it a lot to understand it more.

September 26, 2010 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

dangg, pastor billys sermon today was almost exactly like this post. freaking crazy.

if its any encouragement to you i look up to you as a role model a lot:) youre gna be an awesome small group leader!

DEC 2ND!

September 26, 2010 at 4:19 PM  
Blogger  said...

I'm sure God will give you the wisdom to lead and teach. You've already shown it

September 26, 2010 at 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home