Sunday, November 14, 2010

BlackBerry Journey (5) // "Future Plans?"

"To be honest, I have no idea. I have a vague blur of the future in which I am doing something helpful for someone (hopefully in health care or something related), but everything is so gray. I really used to worry about it a lot, which I think is normal for all us college students (maybe even younger, sadly). What happens if I cant make enough money to support my parents or my family? What happens if I just fail at what I'm trying to achieve? I don't know, but I've been reminded day after day that God is still good. He is not only the creator, but also the sustainer and He loves me enough to provide.

With all that said, I still am not sure what career option to take at this point. I'm on a pre-med track and am down for it, but am also open to other options. I am thankful for being open so I don't let my often selfish ambition get in the way of God working. But one thing I know for sure that I would want to do in any occupation is to seek to encourage those around me. This is, thankfully, the constant conviction of my heart. I don't know why it is because people (including me) suck like 99% of the time, but for some reason God opens my heart for others and that's awesome. I think that's why I revise every blog post I write because for those (like 4) people who (I tell to) read this blog, I want the perfect words to flow from me in order to encourage them exactly where they're at.

The book of Acts is such a great reminder for me regarding encouragement because Paul goes around preaching the gospel from town to town and it accounts how he gets messed up from getting stoned or beat up by the townspeople but in the end it always states how he sought to encourage his brothers and sisters in the town. After all of that hardship, Paul's sole desire was to preach the gospel and encourage his spiritual community, Christ's body. I really hope that all of us can have that heart especially regarding our churches as we try to constantly check up on others and seek to encourage, as well as be encouraged, because we cannot go through life alone. God made us for community just as he is in the trinity.

"Then some Jews came from Antioch and Iconium and won the crowd over. They stoned Paul and dragged him outside the city, thinking he was dead. But after the disciples had gathered around him, he got up and went back into the city. The next day he and Barnabas left for Derbe. They preached the good news in that city and won a large number of disciples. Then they returned to Lystra, Iconium and Antioch, strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to stay true to the faith." Acts 14: 19-21
That's freaking crazy."


This is fairly unrelated, I just really like the song and her ^_^


4 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

im sure God has awesome plans for you bryan! loll though itd be nice to be a professional encourager it'd kinda be a waste of all the other things youre good at:)

love the song! and -____- (you know what this is referring to)

November 14, 2010 at 11:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i feel the same all the time. i mean im pretty set on engineering but i hope whatever im making is making a difference that i believe in. and on top of that say for my future God wanted me to do something totally different. i dont know if i could drop all that i have and change. seriously whoever can do that puts 100% faith in God.

November 15, 2010 at 1:37 AM  
Blogger mimijoe said...

agreeed with michelle!

i think everyone has doubts about their future at one point in their life.i definitely do too
but Tim Keller preached yesterday about how we always want to control our own lives, thus not letting God to fully work his power on us. so he said to let go, and just let God take control of your life, and you'll be blessed greatly! :)

November 15, 2010 at 2:05 PM  
Blogger Peter Chu said...

definitely a good post, i know you've been struggling with this, but i'm glad that you blogged about it.
continue writing, i'm always encouraged by writing and what God has to say through you.

November 15, 2010 at 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home