Saturday, April 30, 2011

forgiveness

Love keeps no record of wrong.

I've been challenged a lot in this lately because forgiving people is so hard to do. When someone wrongs me, even in the smallest of ways, I desire, so much, to inflict the same pain on them. I want to yell at them to clearly show how much they hurt me. I want them to feel what I feel because I think it will bring me some sort of satisfaction. Some sort of justice. For sure, I think telling someone off would def bring some pleasure.

But it's crazy because God commands us to forgive, forget, and move on. I remember thinking during the week about how I would be sacrificing the satisfaction of telling that person about the hurt they inflicted by forgetting about it and moving on. But then God owned me as He allowed me to realize that He is actually inviting me into the greater joy of getting to know Him more as I learn to forgive because through that I am given another opportunity to grow and understand more of the Gospel. I was reminded of the importance of forgiving in not only reconciling relationships, but also in allowing me to see another glimpse of God's unfailing love for me that chose to forever forgive me through the cross.

1 Comments:

Blogger timothy said...

DUDDDDDDEEEEE im struggling with the same things my friend!!

read this if you got time: http://www.challies.com/christian-living/the-heart-of-forgiveness#more

April 30, 2011 at 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home