Wednesday, April 27, 2011

rest

Today I was complaining to my friend about how I only got 6 hours of sleep over the last two days and she told me to go to sleep. I told them "no way, I can handle this. no rest = ez pz." And then she shared the verse:

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." - 1Corinth 6:19-20

Owned. As I thought about it, I was shocked at how sneaky pride is in getting into even the smallest aspects of my life because I realized that I stay up late and procrastinate on work because I think that I can finish it by my own strength (+ caffeine). Even in this small way, pride is so destructive because it causes me to neglect the temple that my body is and let it stumble just because I think I am able to withstand the night. Especially for someone like me who gets irritated easily and cranky and crazy when tired, though it is not wise to stay up, I choose to put myself in situations where I must stay up because pride makes me think I can.

I need to rest more in reverence of the Holy Spirit that God has gifted to dwell in me. What a horrible steward I am to Him, but in the end God somehow chooses to redeem.

1 Comments:

Blogger mimijoe said...

LAMEEEEE YOUR BLOGPOSTS CANNOT BE THE SAMEE AS YOUR TUMBLRR!!!!

:*((((

hehehe just kidding. not really. or am i? huh? hehehe

yea.

April 27, 2011 at 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home