Wednesday, April 20, 2011

BlackBerry Journey (9) // "ask me"

How are you?

I ask you this because I care about you deeply. I want to know how you are doing because I want to be part of what you're going through. I don't want you to have to go through it alone. I want to encourage you if I can. But most importantly, I want to direct you back towards God and His unfailing love for you. I want to suffer with you. I want to rejoice with you. I want to share the goodness of God with you.

But how little do we genuinely ask others this question? How often am I too caught up with the moments and daily battles of my own life to see the bigger picture that there are others around me going through hard times too? How often do we focus on our own hearts instead of having God's heart for all people?
It's such simple question that can lead to the greatest testaments of God's grace and love but not enough people ask it and actually mean it. I am so slow to listen to others' problems and even slower to show any interest in them. Take time to ask this simple question and you can hear some honest answers. I bet there is someone with a heart that is waiting eagerly to hear this extension of God's personal and intimate love for them. They are waiting in anticipation to witness God's constant and intentional interest in exactly what they are feeling and going through.

Break my heart for what breaks yours. Let me think less about myself and more about you and the people you've placed around me.

1 Comments:

Blogger mimijoe said...

hmmm... this is interesting.
i know i answer "how are you" questions without much thought sometimes too...

but then there are days when i do really appreciate that question. :)

April 20, 2011 at 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home