Saturday, April 2, 2011

BlackBerry Journey (7) // "Marketing"

was always something that interested me. It's cool to be able to present something in a way that is pleasing to people and convinces them to buy it or desire it in some way. As I was thinking about marketing, I began to wonder how I would market myself. Say I had to present myself to a company for endorsement, I tried to think of someway to spin what I have in a way that people would like me and I came up with....

nothing. I looked over my resume only to see how crappy its content is. I tried to think about all the things that would make me appealing in this world and I could only list things that didn't: I DON'T have a nice car, a high GPA or even a vision for what to do with my life, a steady job, a relationship, air jordans, a longboard, ray bans, height, eloquent speech, sports skills, etc. I really don't have anything. Not a lot of money or status. I'm sure I am pretty average to a lot of people.


But, as I was thinking about all that I don't have, I realized that the one thing I truly have is a fervent love for God my Father. I love Him. I think it took the last three years for me to be able to proclaim that genuinely because "love" is a very big word for me that I don't want to throw around when talking to anyone. I think it'll take a while before I can even say that to a girl I really care about. But God has somehow softened this hard heart of mine enough to love him and for that I am thankful. But more than me loving him, God loves me (so much more!) and that is enough. I have been learning what it means to truly say that God's love is sufficient for me as he slowly takes away all these things that I "love" to show me that He is the only one whom I should love and give my heart to despite what the world might say.


With all this said my biggest passion throughout life has always been to try to translate the love of God into a way the world understands. Hopefully God grants me the creativity and opportunity to do so.


"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." - Matthew 22:37

3 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

whatthesneaky!

you're not average, homie. honestly, love for God> everything you listed anyway. who cares what people think or what's appealing in this world?
you also forgot to mention how good you are at guitar/ music in general, the fact that you go to ucla, how well you write, how funny you are, + your visionary skillz. LOL i think a certain girl in youth once called you "ideal man" too. HAHAHA, i dont think she thinks you're average either.

April 2, 2011 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger mnkymn22 said...

remember in mark study the upside down triangle?

the world has things backwards, not you my friend.

April 3, 2011 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Chae Bombz said...

bro. on paper u may be average but in life you are the most amazing person God has put before me. you've influenced my life so much & others so much. God has made u one of his most unique creations.

what u are good at marketing is God into my life & plenty others. God is using u to your full potential to your maximum. Bryan Kang, I wash my hands in your bravery & love for God.

April 3, 2011 at 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home