Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Fear

Every New Year's Eve I try to reflect back on the previous year and experience an array of emotions. I remember mostly the amazing times but still have to recognize those bad times. I laugh at the funny jokes and situations but remember those times I was distraught. I re-examine the fruitful relationships I've made and the one's I unfortunately lost. Throughout these re-experiences, although I feel different emotions for the various scenarios, one lingering feeling is Fear.

I think that NBA commercial with Kobe and Shaq's half faces explained Fear to me the best way possible. Simply put, especially regarding my last post, I'm scared for the future and what's coming up. I'm faced with a tough schedule with very little time to myself and various other obstacles and it's scary to think of these trials coming my way. It's scary to realize that it's inevitable; this time next week I am going to be overloaded with work. But I learned that with this Fear comes a sense of readiness. I think the fact that I am scared means that I realize the obstacles I must face and how much energy and will-power it's going to take to try and grasp my task at hand. I understand the hard work I must do and am thus ready to go at it and give it my all and achieve.

The first song I listened to in 2009 was "Dont Stop Believing" by Journey and I thought it was a good transition between 2008 and 2009. In 2008 this song was one of the biggest lessons I've learned about life and the need to believe in yourself and what you're doing. And now that it's 2009, it's time to continue believing and, simply, own it up.


It's the Tree of Life

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Ly said...

Would one of those experiences be CARLS JR.?!?!?! lol. Kobe/Shaq commercials was one of the best ever. Knowing you, you will be able to handle the schedule you have coming up.

January 1, 2009 at 2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home