Thursday, December 4, 2008

"The Only Baggage That You Can Bring"

This is a journal entry I wrote while eating dinner today.

12/04/08
"I'll admit it's hard to feel love sometimes. It's hard to see the things, events, people, and relationships around me as examples of love. I always blamed this feeling of missing out on love on my surroundings but now realize that it really starts within me.

As much as I seem to forget this, true love doesn't come from people, it comes solely from God. I think I have this misconception that Hollywood planted in me of this "Hot Pink" love that looks so appealing and catches my eye with its glamor from far away but only becomes more and more superficial as I get closer to it. 1st John 4 says "God is Love" and I need to start believing and trusting in that. Everyday I pray to be an example of love but now I realize that in order to be an example, I first have to understand what I am trying to exemplify.


You are good and I am not."

This is one of the best ads I've seen. Go Dwade.

4 Comments:

Blogger mnkymn22 said...

agreed. but doing so is so hard. the sins and temptations in the world. thank God for his mercy. nice post btw. it was the answer i needed.

December 4, 2008 at 11:55 PM  
Blogger dtothak said...

i think you do already know what you're trying to exemplify. I know that you are loved by God and I know that you realize it. The hard part is not knowing what love is (because you already know it! although God's love is unending and theres no limit to how much you can know, but even a glimpse is enough to pass it on!), but rather acting it out. because we are totally depraved. but i must say, you're a blessing in my life and you've shared that love.
thank you for your post. truly encouraging to read.

December 5, 2008 at 12:32 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

damn... deep.

December 5, 2008 at 5:33 PM  
Blogger Chapinaso said...

mr. kang
very good
kudos

and the dwade ad
i like that phrase "his belief is stronger than your doubt"

something very applicable in our daily lives especially in loving God, God loving us, and us loving others as God does

December 8, 2008 at 12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home