Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Let My Shadows Prove the Sunshine

Lately I have been thinking a lot about God's glory and what it means to exemplify it in my life and I feel like a lot of it comes from being able to stand firm and declare God's goodness when everything is hard and I'm struggling to do anything

As much as I might say that I am doing "alright," in the end it is simply a euphemism for "bad." It's like saying "maybe" on facebook because everyone knows that saying "maybe" is just a nicer way of saying "no" it displaces any guilt we might feel from pressing the button just to the left of it. But regardless of how I am feeling, I believe that God is good and that he is guiding me in every single step I take. So here is my stance against you Satan and all those times you break me down by telling me how useless, purposeless, ugly, unintelligent, lonely, empty, and sinful I am. You know my weaknesses and you know exactly what buttons to push in order to hurt me the most but what is reassuring is that my God does too and He is mighty to save. I am victorious already

Here's to the shadows that will inevitably darken my days because I know that in the end, they will prove that God's light will always shine through


Triumph, Josh Smith style

Switchfoot - the shadow proves the sunshine

8 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

i love that song soo much!
almost as much as i like this post.
your perspective on all of this is refreshing:)

your blogs always seem to hit home for me.

February 18, 2010 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger Hyunjean said...

that was so inspirational. ur blog is like a gift from God.. i swear, that's exactly wat i needed to read.

February 18, 2010 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"I am victorious already", yeah thats right!

another good euphemism is, "I see..."

February 18, 2010 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Chapinaso said...

Bryan terrific post. In God, we are always victorious!!

February 20, 2010 at 11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you remember me???
Dahnby, from SWLA. I heard someone mention your blog at the retreat, and I went looking for it. :)
Anywayz, just wanted to say your blog is really an inspiration to me. It kinda represents what I shoot for, both in the spiritual and writing sense. I'm always moved by your sincere and thoughtful posts. Hope you keep writing and that God will be with you (sounds cheesy, hehe xD).

February 21, 2010 at 7:15 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

thanks for the amazing post bryan
its always so encouraging to see the steadfast faith and trust you have in Him, im always blown away by your heart for God in every situation and strive to imitate it every day

gooood song. :]

February 22, 2010 at 8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this post.

March 4, 2010 at 3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this post.

March 4, 2010 at 3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home