Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Bryan-centric Universe

Lately I've been very thankful for the opportunities I am immersed in at college. The fact that I get to apply for so many programs and places is truly unbelievable and I am humbled by God's grace once again.

Updates:
Daily Bruin - not accepted. (initially I was surprised/bummed because I sent them what I thought were some of my best writing samples but it's all good now. I get to go to activities on saturdays which I am highly thankful for)
EMRA - applying / interviewing tomorrow. (I didn't get accepted last year because I bombed my interview but I am thankful for a second chance. Hopefully they give me a chance.)
APA Health Care - applied

Ronald Reagan Volunteer - applied / excited to start and interact with patients!
Campus Movie Fest - no idea

The negative to everything I've been doing lately is that whenever I am dunked into a sea of stuff to do, I often spend too much time chasing after things and focusing solely on my goal and end destinations that I forget to appreciate everything along the way. I find myself too entranced with what I am striving for to even take time to think and care about my friends around me and I don't want that to happen now. So please keep me accountable when I begin to monologue about what I'm currently doing, what I have done, or how amazing I am and remind me that the universe is far from being Bryan-centric.

My playlist the last couple weeks:
Jon Foreman - white as snow
Coldplay - glass of water

Chris Tomlin - enough / overflow
Phil Wickham - i will wait for you there / cannons
Lifehouse - who we are
Chris Brown - forever (I think it's because of Jim and Pam's wedding.)
Regina Spektor - eet (I have been intrigued by this woman. This song's instrumental part has an amazing melody.)


My current desktop background:



Here's Regina:

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter Chu said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 12, 2009 at 12:48 AM  
Blogger Peter Chu said...

good post rahmo. ill try my best to keep you accountable. count your blessings. =)

October 12, 2009 at 12:50 AM  
Blogger mnkymn22 said...

i like how you're always optimistic bryan. i think if anything, that is the one trait i hope to have. thanks for the talk. stay strong although ur doing so much

October 12, 2009 at 2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home