Friday, April 30, 2010

Ppl

This week was ridiculous for me in every way. I feel like God stretched me in so many different directions; He took me out of my comfort zone, He expanded my vision of what He envisions, He reminded me of my purpose.

I was reminded of how I really care about people. I know I am horrible at showing it sometimes (most times) but I really am growing in it and it's progress for sure. This week was all about people for me; So many new relationships, so many "next steps" within a relationship, even more fostering of old relationships. To be honest I am pretty burnt out. I need to recharge and spend time with God and be comforted by him. But I am utterly thankful that I am constantly seeking and God is showing up. That's grace.

The biggest thing I've been realizing about relationships with people is that God can take better care of people than I can. I am a control freak and that translates over into my relationships with people in which I feel like I need to be there for them and encourage them and love them all the time when in reality all that I can give is emptiness in comparison to what God can. I am learning to have more peace with letting people go and understanding that while I might not be there in person for someone, God is always there and he is perfect.


If God wants me to become a doctor, I know that these lessons will be vital in establishing my foundation as desiring to care for people, not simply patients, as my number one priority. But then again, I will have to see what happens regarding med school...


Here am I, all of me

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your posts never fail me.

May 6, 2010 at 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home