Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Freaking Suck With Girls

I tried for a very long time to think of a better, more eloquently way of saying my tragic downfall as a man for the title of this blog post but I couldn’t think of one besides the single truth: I freaking suck when it comes to interacting with girls. There is something about my brain that causes it to basically go crazy and turn into a turbo/noz/bargardi-1000-crazy-horsepower-shizzle-car quickly causing an internal meltdown that just shuts down all my common sense fluid banks and eventually depletes my entire spirit. They should just harvest this mysterious chemical from my brain and distribute it to women everywhere to use instead of mace when a sleezy guy tries to hit on them: 1. It’s a lot less deadly and will inflict a smaller number of possible casualties, 2. I’m sure it’s utterly hilarious to see the guy completely bomb his encounter with the woman. Genuine entertainment.

But one thing I’ve come to believe and cherish from this disability is that much like myself, other people deserve second chances. I am reminded of the old idiom that first impressions (well, in my case second, third, fourth, and well past my tenth impression) of a person are just “tips of the iceberg” with thousands upon thousands of gallons of frozen personality ready to thaw out at any moment under the person’s elastic skin surface. I really believe that God wired my-quirky-“acquired taste”-self like this in order to help me learn and live out what it means to not judge people based on first impression. To be honest, it freaking sucks not getting a second chance with not only girls but also more importantly, people in general. I think it ultimately returns to the beauty of God’s grace, the underlying principle of life, that though we were imperfect and completely undeserving, he gave us the concluding second chance ushering in our own salvation from our own filthy transgression. But the beauty of that grace does not end there, rather it actually allows Him to still draw us even closer to himself every single day regardless of our faults the day before. How many second chances would that make?

Speaking of girls...

those glasses look familiar...holla!

p.s. district 9 is a solid movie

6 Comments:

Blogger chuckyroh said...

i feel ya on the girl stuff. good post.

btw its "bugatti" :)

August 18, 2009 at 5:34 AM  
Blogger risky buiness said...

i was wondering what car you meant... haha. but yes, awesome post. so true. remember, though, that there are girls who find that quirks are endearing.

August 18, 2009 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dude, romantic love is so over-rated. romantic love will burn out with time. i miss the good days when people had arranged marriages. those were simple days.

August 18, 2009 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger Peter Chu said...

good post!

August 18, 2009 at 10:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

don't worry bryan I'm awesome with girls so the universe is still in balance.

August 23, 2009 at 2:12 PM  
Blogger Hyeree said...

hahah i'd agree with risky buiness, i think most girls would find quirks endearing, so don't worry too much bryankang!! and the good ones will give you more than just a 2nd chance :]

August 27, 2009 at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home